FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 196>
Author
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 9:11pm

BLAATZEE,

GOOD ONE BUT I WAS THINKING IT WAS FOR REEL SO YES YA GOT ME THERE

I SHOULDVE KNOWN BETTER I GUESS  BUT I WILL LEARN TO FISH FOR THEM SOME DAY FOR SURE

RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 3:06pm

Tamj and Mal-Pais,

Watch out for a couple of netters near that spot I told you about to catch those drum.  For more info, check out my thread on the General Satwater board.

"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 4:05pm

WAS OUT WITH MY SON YESTURDAY MORNING AND WAS JUST LOOKING FOR BAIT FOR FRESH WATER FISHING ON THE WHITE OAK ,FOUND SOME BAIT AND THIS PRETTY RED AND A RAY.

CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE WIND TO QUIT SO I CAN GET SOME GOOD DRUMMING IN

WE DID MUCH BETTER BOWFINNING THAN DRUM FISHING,5 BOWFIN RANGEING FROM 2 TO 6 POUNDS,NOT BAD BUT NOT MY DRUM

Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:17pm
Went out at daybreak on 5/12.  Sorry, I didn't take any pics.  Fished Taylor's Creek early, hooked a Spanish, a flounder, and a bluefish.  The bite was not on, so we headed to the Newport Marshes and ran into 3 reds.  Two were 17" and I caught one that went about 19".  All reds released.  Also caught about 10 small specks ranging from 12"-15".  Drum caught on 3" white pearl gulp shrimp.  Specks hit gulp and Fin-S.  The pinfish hit everything, including my Billy Bay halo grass shrimp.    Those things aren't cheap. 
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:22pm
Yea No report here either Glad to see someone remembered the thread!
redfish1976 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:17pm
Saturday we fished the IFA Redfish Tour out of Charleston, SC.  Well, things could have went much better.  We went to our honeyhole first thing.  No one bite.  Then to a good low tide spot.  Nothing there either.  Out to the stumps we went.  This is usually a fail safe place.  Not today!  So we started back down the ICW, hitting every oyster bar that looked fishy.  Nothing.  Just before weigh in, the tide got high enough to get to one of our spots where they tail in the short grass.  We chased a couple of wakes, but they wouldn't take anything we threw, and that was alot.  We tried spinner baits, spoons, jigs with all kinds of combos on them, crank baits, top waters, soft plastics with weighted hooks, and even soaked some gulp, but they just would not eat for us.  That is pretty embarrasing, especially since we had been catching quality fish in the previous weeks.  No excuses, but I wonder if the storm sent alot of fish out of the skinny water.  I know that 10 lbs won the thing, but that was about a pound off from last year, so who knows.  One thing I did notice was that the water was cleaner around Charleston.  Maybe we should have stayed there, but we had a game plan.  I guess that plan just wasn't the right one come tournament time.  Well, there's always next year and alot of fun fishing in between.  Tigh lines and screamin drags to all y'all. 

Edited by redfish1976
redfish1976
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:49pm

REDFISH,

IT WASNT MUCH BETTER HERE SATRURDAY BUT I DID MANAGE A NICE 25.5 AND A NICE 19.5 SPECK ON LIVE MULLETS,HERES A FRIEND HOLDING BOTH FISH I LET HIM FINISH REELING IN THE RED,ONLY MANAGED 2 REDS FOR THE DAY ONE AT 15 INCHES AND THEN THE BRUISER THAT WENT FOR LUNCH THE NEXT DAY

TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO Y'ALL

bige818 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bige818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:35pm
Good job guys!
Big E
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:09pm

Tamj and Mal-Pais,

Watch out for a couple of netters near that spot I told you about to
catch those drum.  For more info, check out my thread on the General
Satwater board.

Paul, sorry to read about your experience.    I had two yahoos bust up a school of reds on Saturday.  We had boated 3 on 3 casts when they showed up.  They "trolled" (at about 4 knots) right between my boat and the bank, threw their anchor out with a big splash right on top of the school.  Their anchor didn't catch and the current pushed them through the creek mouth into the bay and they ran aground.  The last time I saw them, they were in the water, pushing their Parker to no avail.  Karma, yes, but the school was spooked.  If it wasn't for the little specks we were catching out in the channel, I would have been a little more miffed.

As the cliche goes, I've learned that you should never argue with an bugbear.  They wear you down and beat you with experience.

Szextreme, I think that was you and your buddy heading toward our drum hole as we were leaving Saturday around 2:30 as that thunderstorm blew up.  Hope you got your line stretched.

edit:  NCpierman and Paulg are my heroes when it comes to slot reds.  Its their world, I'm just fishing in it. 

Edited by Mal_Pais
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:33am

Mal_Pais,

Yes that was us! wish we would have batted down the hatches and stayed that rain in the newport area was only a scare! We ran far away back to the dock with not even a bite. Seamed the rain was just a nibble and went away. glad you guys had a good time out there. That hole at the end of the "Zig Zag Creek" as we call it usually produces some nice trout and every now and then there is a school on the flat. I think everyone recognizes me by my boat if I come in contact with ya tell me your on the waterman! Love to see some of your faces out there Just i really don't know yall! 

THE NAME IS SETH IF ANY OF YOU SEE ME OUT THERE! DON'T BE SHY! I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE NETTER GUYS

Edited by szextreme
Nativeguide View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeguide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:12am

Tuesday.......Thought I would drop this pic in on the "Redfish Thread".  I caught several of these just inside the inlet in 2~3 feet of water.  Mostly sight casting to a nice size school and some blind casting into the white water.........

Capt. Bryan Goodwin
Native Guide Service

My Website
252-725-3961
E-mail Me
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:46pm
 NICE JOB THERE NATIVEGUIDE WAY TO HAND THEM A LINE

drag line View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drag line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:40pm
What inlet were you fishing?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 1:14am
Don't mean to speak for Bryan but he guides in the Morehead/Beaufort/Cape Lookout area.  Would assume he is talking about Beaufort Inlet. 
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 1:01am
Woke up this morning and just couldn't convince myself to work. Left the marina about 10:30 AM.  Fished midday on a dropping spring low tide.  Newport Marshes didn't give up the goods.  2 flounder and 2 blues (at or below minimum size) was all I could find.  Blues hit Fin-S, flounder liked 3" new penny gulp shrimp.

Fished Taylor's Creek and found 3 undersized drum (15"-17") before the marsh went dry.  Nuclear chicken gulp shrimp was what they hit.

Light to no winds, and no rain until after 2 PM. 

hooknchase View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknchase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 3:41am

Had a chance to go yesterday up around Broad Creek in New Bern, wind beat me to death, and rays were EVERYWHERE, but found the Reds. All in all had fun, though will be glad when the wind dies down.

Rich Wertin
21' Sea Pro
Neuse River and Pamlico Sound
NC Waterman Admin Group
manybeards View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manybeards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 1:52pm
>>>> My 13 y/o with a nice red caught on live shrimp while wadefishing in Christmas Bay near Galveston,TX.......
seastreet View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seastreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:27pm

Caught only 3 reds this morning due to strong winds. 2 on fly and 1 on spinning tackle.  Larest fish was 27-1/2" long and released alive...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SoBtj7Eh2_0

"Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think."

matorhead View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:33pm
sorry, no pics. but i caught a 18 incher this morning(released alive!) but still a beautiful fish never the less.
tamj View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:04pm
Went to the haystacks today and caught one  26 1/2 inch drum and another small one.Also caught one small bluefish.The drum put up a great fight.Weather was great

Edited by tamj
tamj View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:06pm
Srry about way pic loaded i have a hard time getting stuff lined up
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:05pm

MRSNCPIERMAN GOT THIS SWEET RED SUNDAY EVENING WAS 25.5 AND IT TASTED SWEET

AS FOR ME I GOT TO SEE HER CATCH IT

tamj View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:15pm

WTG  MRSNCPIERMAN 

TailingRed View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TailingRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:18pm

Tamj,

What did ya catch the drum on and what tide?

Nice lookin fish!

16' Sandpiper Skiff
tamj View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:50pm
Opps srry forgot to say that   It was about 7 A.M. low tide and i caught him on a gulp shrimp.Cant remember what color they call it but is was blue and red
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:26pm
You gals are really gettin the hang of it.  You're making Debbie jealous.
"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 1:59am
me too

seastreet View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seastreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 10:28pm

Caught 4 this morning. All on fly with the largest at 28 inches.

"Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think."

drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 10:45pm

Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 11:05pm
Nice red.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 196>
  Share Topic