FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cape Lookout National 'Shutdown'...I mean seashore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
roam View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cape Lookout National 'Shutdown'...I mean seashore
    Posted: 05 October 2013 at 6:50am
NPS ran ruffshod through the camps at north and south
Core Banks Tuesday telling visitors "stay in your
vehicles and or cabin... Beach is closed! No recreation
Allowed!! Fines would be levied... The rangers are running
People off Shackleford who come over on their
Own vessels... Pat Kenny park super... Said they
Are there to protect "life and property " what needs
Protected at Shackleford the bathroom??!
Apparently at Hatteras they are not harrassing
People going to the beach... Why the discrepancy ??

Anyone who is harassed POST!!

Edited by roam - 05 October 2013 at 6:54am
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 7:33am
NPS initially blocked the parking lots on the ocean side at CAHA for walk-overs but no attempt to run folks off the beach in front of the villages. 

Yesterday, no barricades at the lots south of Avon to Hatteras tho the windsurf area was blocked (but no wind so no biggie.) 

Preferential loss of access to ORV/vehicle users.  Didn't expect anything else.

Did hear a rumor of some fishermen arrested as they attempted to walk to Cape Point but can't verify.
God is great.
Beer is good.
People are crazy.

Veni. Vidi, Velcro. Latin for I came, I saw, I stuck around."
tunnelvision1 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunnelvision1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 8:06am
Actually running boaters off of Shackleford? Everyone should mob Shackleford island this weekend, how would they deal with hundreds of pissed off taxpayers??   
We are fishing today and tomorrow around the cape, i will see first hand how they are treating people.
Crabby Captain John View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 9:34am
In DC, UT, CO people are walking past NPS, signs, and gates. Obie does not want arrests as that would make the NON-negotiator look even worse.

Edited by Crabby Captain John - 05 October 2013 at 9:34am
sealion2288 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sealion2288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by tunnelvision1 tunnelvision1 wrote:

Everyone should mob Shackleford island this weekend, how would they deal with hundreds of pissed off taxpayers?? 

I'm in....

Edited by sealion2288 - 05 October 2013 at 9:41am
"We should have shotguns for this kind of deal."
dontcatchmany View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 2:01pm
If the NPS agents are rude, then post their names here.

They have to live in our neighborhood and pressure can be brought to bear.

With that being said, I have never had the first one of them at Shack or Cape Lookout even remotely being other than courteous and professional. 
Straits, N.C.

"..... shall not be infringed."

MilitaryAppreciationDay.org One, Simple, THANKS!
cape_fisherman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cape_fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 2:02pm
Down here around Charleston they have closed a few boat ramps that are situated on federal property. They have also placed guards at the ramps to be sure no one uses them.

So to save money they have stationed a paid employee in a place that usually has zero employees.

Brilliant.
Obama for Ex-President in 2012!

CHANGE that I HOPE for.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cape_fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 2:04pm
A few words come to mind that sum up the current status of our beloved country...

Hell...hand basket...

CHANGE that I HOPE for.
downeaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 4:45pm
Why would the park service be concerned about folks using these ramps or these Parks for that matter since the rangers are still pretty much on duty to make sure that some citizen does not decide to pee on a sand hill or behind a tree.
pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered
hawk3212 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawk3212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 6:15pm
Because our commander in chief wants American's to feel as much pain as possible
atthenccoast View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atthenccoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 8:10pm
Here's something that will give you pause and probably really PO you off if they do it at Cape LO.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/05/nps-rangers-patrol-newest-%E2%80%98government-shutdown%E2%80%99-closure-ocean
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cape_fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by hawk3212 hawk3212 wrote:

Because our commander in chief wants American's to feel as much pain as possible

Community organizing at its best...

CHANGE that I HOPE for.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 8:59am
The scuttle on Hatteras this past week was that they were warning people of a $150 fine for walking on the beach, and supposedly some were ticketed across from the Graveyard museum on Wed or Thurs. Cars and pickups are parking at the beach ramps and visitors are walking out to the beaches up-island from there, SEEMINGLY without repercussion, but there's a lurking fear behind every attempt to use the beach. Bet your bubble the heat is designed to intimidate FISHING users, and access to fishing is evidently what they want to stop. They say it's "OK" to hang out in front of a beach house if you are in a village (how accommodating). Now,some of these Rangers evidently don't seem to want to push the President's need to POKE everyone who shows up, with a stick, but the little operatives in smaller cars with little placards about how they're here to protect something or other are likely to be reporting any incidents of mercy or common sense on the part of these rangers, so stay tuned. You can bet the heaviest handed actions are taken against fishing here, I guess because it signals the hopeless change we all knew was coming from the TOP. Of the heap, that is. Come to think of it, the Administration is extremely TRANSPARENT here, where our N.C. methods of limiting the fishing user are considerably more opaque. And Chris- NO psilocybin was required to perceive the phantasmogoric state our management regime has handed over to the feds, who more simply just poke us, as with a stick. Which happens to be the old Anglo-Saxon way--look it up in the dictionary under "F".
V/H Dog
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 9:03am
Oh yeah-- an important calculation is that if you are going to fish around OI, you''ll burn some boat fuel to get there. 
V/H Dog
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 11:47am
The Whiner in Chief is not wasting fuel in AF 1. Not that he feels guilty just knows it will make him look worse than this stupidity does.
atthenccoast View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atthenccoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 12:33pm
The Feds may soon close down and run all of the property owners and guest out of houses located on federal land. It's happening out west.
http://twitchy.com/2013/10/06/shutdown-meltdown-elderly-residents-kicked-out-of-private-lake-mead-homes-60-families-affected/
roam View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 12:52pm
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
sciaenops View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sciaenops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 4:11pm
MHD city Boy Scout Troop 130 received a ticket from NPS for camping after finishing up a beach sweep last weekend. They claim they needed a permit no one knew about because they had 26 people and the limit is 25. Do you know how much popcorn those boys have to sell o net $150?
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by sciaenops sciaenops wrote:

MHD city Boy Scout Troop 130 received a ticket from NPS for camping after finishing up a beach sweep last weekend. They claim they needed a permit no one knew about because they had 26 people and the limit is 25. Do you know how much popcorn those boys have to sell o net $150?

So they clean the Federal beach, then get a ticket? You tell em to get up with me, here on this site. I'll contribute to their fine. Hell of a civic's lesson we are teaching them.
53' Jarret Bay "Carolina Girl"
Riverrat View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 5:01pm
Pretty sorry of NPS. I hope someone writes an article to the Carteret News and Times, and maybe some other papers about this, if it is really true. I hope the rangers name is listed also.
If it lays flat, stick it and if it's brown, it's down.
downeaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 7:43pm
I would more than gladly contribute to help pay off that ticket. Pretty sorry excuse for a park ranger if you want my opinion even though the guy was probably following order from some higher up in the Park service.
pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by downeaster downeaster wrote:

I would more than gladly contribute to help pay off that ticket. Pretty sorry excuse for a park ranger if you want my opinion even though the guy was probably following order from some higher up in the Park service.

This is the kind of chit you voted for ole de.

This garbage comes from the executive branch.
Straits, N.C.

drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by dontcatchmany dontcatchmany wrote:

Originally posted by downeaster downeaster wrote:

This is the kind of chit you voted for ole de.

This garbage comes from the executive branch.

Exactly. Curious to know who on here voted for that bastich and sitting here complaining. Prolly never know but have a good idea whom.

chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 7:43am
What is bastich?
Code for another word?
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 8:03am
Yes ,you are DEFINITELY a RACIST if you can't force yourself to stomach the incessant bleat of the Fascists who run this show. Why, my criticism of the irrational, anti-intellectual, lascivious,gimlet-eyed,cold assessment of whatever can be confiscated from productive individuals,despotic encouragement of mob activity,and exploitation of illegals and minorities by holding them as subjects and attempting to destroy the idea of self-interest as a lynchpin of liberty,  betrays the subtext that I hate and believe anyone of a different race is unacceptable and therefore beneath me.Oh,and that even the clearest speech toward the effect that we have a destructive president surely contains the code-words to that effect, such that "b-a-s-t-a-r-d" must really mean black president---seems to me a construction of "intellect" whereby one can attain enlightenment merely in the selection of one's lightbulb. Thank You ,chriselk for your unerring point.
V/H Dog
biwaterman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biwaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 1:33pm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bastich

Edited by biwaterman - 07 October 2013 at 1:33pm
Started out as Beaufort Inlet Waterman, guess it should be Masonboro and Drum Inlet Waterman now?
drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by chriselk chriselk wrote:

What is bastich?
Code for another word?

Yes sir, that's right.

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 10:14pm
If they send me a copy of the ticket I'll send them the $150...
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Crabby Captain John Crabby Captain John wrote:

If they send me a copy of the ticket I'll send them the $150...

I will split it with you.

And appear in court with you to protest. And donate to the Scouts.

Edited by dontcatchmany - 08 October 2013 at 5:18pm
Straits, N.C.

eastcoastsports View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastcoastsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 8:01am
I'll take yall up on that. I'm a Cubmaster and Wolf Den Leader here in Surf City with pack 777. $150.00 would buy a lot of belt loops and beads
East Coast Sports & Topsailcharterfishing.com
www.eastcoastsports.com
Surf City, NC 28445
(910) 328-1887
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic