FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spec Report(the truth again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Billistic View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spec Report(the truth again)
    Posted: 06 December 2017 at 12:58pm
Made it down again for fishing Friday, Sat. and Sunday am. Decided to fish Friday am in Haystacks area and hit some areas on way to inlet to later fish AR-315 and AR-320. Inside same old story-plenty of dink trout 10-12". Ocean fishing at AR's was not much better with plenty of 10-12" BSB and a few other small hogfish, blues,  etc. Saturday tried the Shackleford Banks surf(small specs and blues) and CLO jetty and caught my limit of 17-20" Specs. and culled 2 -16" trout from my livewell, along with several blues thrown back. Sunday am went back to CLO jetty for a few hours and only caught 1-16" spec. and 1-18" black drum(which was delicious). No keepers where the netters can catch them all. 
weekender View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 8:19pm
At least you got a few, even if you had to work overtime for them. I hope to see the effect that no nets have on our fishery in my lifetime, but they will have to make change soon. 
mak'n do
Billistic View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 12:34pm
You're right Greg, I was thankful for the keepers. Hopefully our state DMF will open their eyes to the problems all the nets have on OUR RESOURCE! The fish do not belong to only commercial netters. Maybe there will be some change in the future, but don't hold your breath. I was approached by a survey person at the ramp , and told him the DMF did not care about recreational fisherman, therefore, I would not waste my time on their stupid survey. If nobody would respond to their request for a survey, maybe they would get the message. I hope you and your wife have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and blessed 2018. 
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 7:36pm
A survey isn't worth ballyhoo if you do not use the information you obtain from it,most survey are to make people think they are doing something which is usually nothing !
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic