FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will you please resign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
olsaltydog View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olsaltydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 7:41am
Ray, sorry I got a little busy yesterday. Rick this part also applies to your post as well. I don't always follow the meetings or read the transcripts from all previous versions. For the most part I sit around in my own little world until I start seeing the forums buzzing around on subject matters I may find interesting. So no, I don't know what the heads of the mobs, previous meetings, or anything else has been said or proposed. What I did find, look into and read was the notice by the DMF website.

My reading and interpretation of that post led me and it seems many others into believing that those where the proposals to be deliberated on, not a starting point. Sammy's mention of "nothing is currently etched in stone" is no notice to me that this meant to be a discussion for ideas. My interpretation again took that as confirming the later section that we are not sure if all 3 proposals where a requirement, stand alone or in conjunction.

Thanks for the clarifications but I really think that should have been made clear with the DMF notice putting out what the meetings where about.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 10:08am
If the penalties for illegal fishing, commercial and recreational, are punitive enough much of it will end. Those who do it are nothing but thieves, criminals, and should be treated as such. I’m told that having your finger rolled in ink and then hearing the steel door slam is a miserable experience.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 10:23am
I understand completely. Some folks at the MFC meeting said on Wednesday that some on social media were insinuating that the DMF at times was prejudiced to status quo thus the wishes of the NCFA.

That is just wrong. Some, including me, have flat out said it!

When you have emails from DMF management that refers to themselves and the NCFA collectively as "we" or "our" then what is a layman to expect?

I will also say I never hold the past against someone who was not involved. Their legacy will be of their own making.

That is why I don't blame the CCA for the Kennedy assassinations as others seem to, just because it was in Texas and involved others in the oil business which collectively makes for a good story.

We are all in this together, and should talk with, and not at each other.

Edited by Ray Brown - 16 February 2018 at 10:24am
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 12:14pm
i always thought the CCA was the shooter in the grassy knoll.Wink
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 5:43pm
This is the reason for my hyperbolic questions about Jerry's exhortation for everyone on the council to resign. His demeanor suggests no one has a place at the table save those who toe his and the NCFA's line. This toe-ing has historically included the MFC chairmanship, and DMF staff(see Nancy Fish, et al), the law enforcement wing of DMF (regulatory capture, anyone?), along with the one sided so-called representation of county boards of commissioners along the coast who all have reliably thwarted the resource based mandate for the DMF and MFC to address and mitigate the ongoing damage caused by their self-interested over exploitation of fishery resources that could have been husbanded and benefitted ALL these groups and actors, but add up to a level of systemic and institutional corruption which now, unfortunately, must be explained to the state structure which permitted this malfeasance in the first place. That we must decorously petition for just a tiny bit of fairness IN THE REVIEW of 20 or more years of this machine's malevolent depredations upon the state's public resources belies the idea that we have enough political people of sufficient mind to attempt to change any of this in the interest of all North Carolinians. If,in fact, the eyes of Raleigh and its illumined ones are upon the process, then the symptomatic examples are myriad and we are rife with teachable moments where the guts of our resource have been spilled. Ryan's earnest and reasonable approach to defend his cause is certainly laudable, especially in contrast to the marlinish methods of Jerry and his fellow travelers who deal in intimidation and disfranchisement from public held resources to which we as citizens have been so roundly treated for way too long. Ray, you are in truth a gentleman, but please don't allow your gentle nature to cause you to pull punches when the full force of truth can be brought to bear. We have been prisoners within this structure for so long, it would be a shame to not put the true name to the trajectory of our imprisonment where we might be enjoying instead actual abundance, an not fighting little Jerry and his captured legion of dead sticks who keep us in thrall.
V/H Dog
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 11:09am
Did the MFC do anything after the scfl motion passed?

southern flounder fixed?  

CSMA striper harvest stopped?

turtle itp violations reported?

gillnets banned?

trawlers banned?

recovery started?

status quo forever?

Edited by bakesta - 17 February 2018 at 11:12am
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic