FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need lessons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
weekender View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need lessons
    Posted: 22 April 2018 at 2:51pm
From my wife. She is done with her 2 bird limit in NC.
Well, the hits just keep on coming. My wife went back to the same spot and worked her magic again. This time she called in 3 long beards and 5 jakes at about 5PM. She said they were running around crazy long beards chasing jakes and then the other way. She put her bone call to work and called this 21 1/2 lb. 10" beard 1" spurs up to 30 yards and gave him a dose of the same #6 shot as the last one. Her gun is just a 2 3/4" 12ga but has a really good choke in it. I don't know exactly how many long beards have fell for her bone call but it is in the dozens. We hunt NC & SC and there must be dumb turkeys in both states is all I can say. Or maybe she really can call better than me??

Not too shabby for a girl who just turned 70.

mak'n do
Billistic View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 10:33am
Awesome bird Kay! Greg, you do need some lessons. HaHa. 
olsaltydog View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olsaltydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 11:25am
A wise man will get lessons for the know how, a smart man will just get her to call the birds in to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic