FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are the fishing reports?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are the fishing reports?
    Posted: 18 June 2018 at 10:26am
I guess we all know that answer. Nothing to report due to the sorry state of our stocks.
tmdeepsea View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmdeepsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 10:57am
TMdeepsea
tmdeepsea View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmdeepsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 10:59am
No fish on the entire Eastern North Carolina Coast, SOOOOO, nothing to report!!!

TMdeepsea
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 11:08am
I have a report for you and it's probably the best fishing report that I've given in years.

Left the dock at 11:30 Saturday morning with my wife and youngest son who was home on pass for a four day weekend from training at Ft. Bragg.  Headed to the Cape for some sun and fun.  Chairs on the beach, umbrella up, cold ones on ice, a little Buffet on the Bluetooth speaker, a good cigar.  Son was snorkeling the drop-off for conch shells that make mama happy. 

Young kid (Will) comes by with a spinning rod and Gotha plug to fish the tip, all by himself.  He hooks up.  Before his dad came to join him, I spent a little time watching that nine year old kid catch Spanish and blues, and helping him unhook and release them.   He was reeling against the drag and occasionally needed a little help getting the line twist out.  A lot of the Spanish hits came within ten feet of the bank as we watched the plug coming through the clear water.  After dad had his finger gashed by a wayward tooth, I helped release a few more.

Will had the enthusiasm that just makes you realize why we all fight so hard trying to help preserve what we have left and rebuild what we've lost.

I asked Will's father if he was aware or following any fisheries issues.  No.  He was a diver before kids and had been involved with diving issues.  I made the comment that the way his son Will obviously loved to fish, that if he could find time, to please get involved.  He was aware of the Raleigh Saltwater Fishing Club but said getting away on a Tuesday night, even once per month, was difficult.  I suggested he join the CCA.

Please get involved or be left with lizard fish, sea robins and oyster toads.

As stocks of spot plummeted they came after your sheepshead and black drum.  

Now they want your bluefish-

Make your written comments here-

Edited by Rick - 18 June 2018 at 12:03pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 11:23am
The spanish mackerel fishing has been awesome. Good thing mackerel are managed by the feds. 

The guys on the oceanana pier were killing them this weekend. Using a sabiki to jig up bait with small circle hooks and fluro leaders they were getting their fill. 

I hit the surf Friday and Saturday. Mixed bag of small croakers, mullets, and pigfish. It was tough keeping the grass off the baits most of the day. 
tmdeepsea View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmdeepsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 3:45pm
Whatever happened to House Bill 353 to declare Stripe Bass, Spotted Sea Trout and Red Drum as a Game fish status, the last I heard about this proposed bill is that it went to committee???? Can we as sports recreational fisherman ever hope to see this Bill 353 come out of committee, or did the commercial interest lobby really kill this bill,. I for one would like to re-introduce this bill out of committee.
TMdeepsea
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 5:25pm
Partisan politics will not allow the bill to go anywhere in an election year with Republicans in control and all but one of the sponsors being Democrat.

Edited by Rick - 19 June 2018 at 5:38pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 6:17pm
Rec reps don't get that privilege only comm reps😪
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic